- Quick Instructions for the Impatient
- Installing ASP
- Usage Video
- Purchasing Options
- Most Common Usage Errors
- Known Problems
- Problems Under Investigation
- Problems Vanquished
- How to Report A Problem
You can now purchase the Advanced Stacker PLUS below or in the Store.
- June 30, 2014 version 14E released with Mac installer and much more. Purchasers of prior products have been sent upgrade information UNLESS your profile indicates you do not want information about updates.
- October 6, 2013, we released version 14 with lots of great new features. Anyone who purchased the Advanced Stacker PLUS after September 1, 2013 was sent a free upgrade. Everyone who purchased a prior version of the Advanced Stacker was sent an upgrade offer as well.
- August, 2013 we upgraded to 13B which fixed several problems reported below. We also added and expanded the “Watermark + Image Mode” option with a Load My Watermark… however we’ve not yet released a video describing how to use this nifty little addition.
- May 30, 2013 we revealed the “Advanced Stacker PLUS”. The best place to start is to kick the tires with the TEST Stacker. The TEST Stacker is packaged and installed just like the Advanced Stacker+ – as a zip file. For details about what was changed in Advanced Stacker PLUS, please see this article.
- February, 2011 we released the wildly popular StarCircleAcademy Stacking action. The Advanced Stacker found more features and was released in December, 2012. While it is no longer available you can still find the instructions here.
If you have an OLDER version of the Advanced Stacker PLUS (14A, B, C or D) please see HERE
Advanced Stacker PLUS 4E Installation
Please read here.
Usage of the Advanced Stacker PLUS is very similar to prior versions. Here is a video that may help you get started:
NOTE: Version 14E Presents a dialog BEFORE it creates the base document. Press CONTINUE. See “Common Usage Problems Below”.
- It keeps warning me about “color space” or image size, or popping open the Adobe Camera Raw utility. Be sure to check all the indicated options when executing.
- After using intermediates, there is only one file that has been saved. See the hint above. There must be a “serial number” or all saved files will have the same name.
- I get an error “The Command ‘Move’ is not currently available.” the most common cause of this is when layers are turned off or collapsed prior to running one of the stacking steps. Do not collapse layer sets. Also make sure you “Do This First” before attempting any other stacking. Finally, be sure you do not press Stop on the first screen of the Do this First.
- Stacking seems to go a bit slow! Hide the Layer Palette and Action Palettes and things will go quite a bit faster since Photoshop will not spend so much time drawing those displays.
- RE,MJ: “Place Command Not available” when using Do This First. Unknown cause. Disabling the watermark resolves the problem (let us know if it does not!).
None at the moment.
No open issues.
- Please be sure you’ve freshly installed the Advanced Stacker Plus.
- Make sure your issue isn’t covered above under most common problems.
- Consult the videos above, too.
- Let us know (by making a comment below) what the problem was. Please include the following information:
- What operating system and Photoshop version you’re using (e.g. Mac OS X 10.8, PS CS4 Extended)
- What kind of files you’re using and their size (e.g. 5000×4000 8 bit JPEG)
- What step(s) you’ve taken.
- What errors or anomalies you’ve noticed. (e.g. “Move not allowed”)
- If needed we’ll contact you for follow up.