Clan Level: *9* War Record: 162 Wins – 37 Losses – 6 ties Win Streak: 2 (longest 21)*
We are an adult clan (16 years and older) based in the USA. We war twice a week. We are here to learn from one another and have fun. Winning loot and crushing our opponents is a nice perk, too. Our win ratio is 82%. Our big brother clan is Purdue Alumni. Purdue Alumni is a large clan of well developed bases you may not fit there, but worth a look. Both clans operate under similar rules / expectations. Indeed some of us have accounts in BOTH clans.
*also includes ties.
True Purdue War Schedule
War times are approximate and vary 5 minutes to 55 minutes due to match making time.
- Tuesday at about 6:30 PM PT (9:30 PM ET) until Wednesday [sometimes an optional war]
- Friday 6:00 PM PT (9 PM ET) until Saturday.
We have 3 simple rules
- Communicate: In English, and kindly.
- Latin alphabet village (player) names only so we can address one another.
- English only in text and troop requests.
- Kindness please. No slamming swearing, vulgarity or abusing others.
- Specify what you WANT when you request troops. Don’t care? say “any”
- Donate: Troops often and appropriately.
- Please specify WHAT you want, and donate only what is asked for (if you have it).
- Try to donate at least 40 troops per week. (Our clan average is 38 per DAY)
- If you are not in the war, please be on hand to donate troops. Make some Dragons, wizards or giants for your clan-mates.
- Participate: In Wars and in helping one another to become better players.
- Attack the assigned target first and within 12 hours – preferably in 4 hours (or negotiate for a different target).
- Help others with advice when they ask.
- Inactive players may be skipped over. (See War Expectations, below)
- Have FUN – it’s our fourth rule. Strictly enforced 🙂
Can I Join?
Yes, if you meet our humble requirements.
- You must be at LEAST TH7, have dragons and have a Barbarian King.
- You must be at MOST TH9. This is to help us be favorably paired with opposing clans. Don’t worry, you’ll still be included in war once you reach higher levels.
- Affiliation with Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana is desired, but not required.
- Adult (ages 16 plus) – or the child of an existing member.We sometimes make exceptions to the rules above.
Did you request to join, and get kicked out? It’s because we want you to read these instructions. No slight is meant. Please keep reading… including the War Expectations section!
Take our survey!
The survey is here: (CLICK HERE). Complete the survey before asking to join True Purdue!
To join, please find the “True Purdue” clan (code #PU28R88C). Send a Join request and include the word shown below. If you meet the requirements above and we are not full you will be allowed in. Want instructions on how to find us using the clan search page? READ THIS
INCLUDE THIS WORD in your (English) JOIN REQUEST:
War ExpectationsWe are a War Clan. Click here to learn what we expect of you
- Attack your assigned target first. Assignments are made by clan mail and may be adjusted in chat. Your assignment will usually be +0 (peer) to +5 (that is, your enemy peer who is one to 5 War ranks weaker than you). For example if you are listed 3rd on the home side of the War Map and the assignment is +2, your first attack should be against number 5 of the enemy. War assignments are also being kept and tracked in Clash.Tools
- Make your first attack as near the start of the war as practical for you, but make it in less than 12 hours!
- Remember we are a TEAM. Players eligible for war who do not attack, or only make one attack hurt the clan and may be demoted or removed from the clan. War loot is awarded 100% to the winning team and only 30% to the losing team… obviously winning is better!
- Remember that you can OPT IN or OPT Out of War on the “My Profile” page. If there are more people willing to battle than spots available, the search will exclude those who: Request to be excluded in chat, did not make timely attacks in the last war(s) [later than 12 hours, or less than two attacks], appear to be inactive (low donations, no league after several days, no presence in chat), haven’t completed the clan survey, or very recently joined the clan. See the clan statistics below for records kept.
- This is a War clan. Do not expect to opt out of every war.
- Players with maximum troops (after +1 clan perks) are expected to help populate war castles of the others.
- Allow your clan-mates a chance to take on their first assignment before making a second attack… but DO make a second attack. Second attacks should be made to: clean up (get 3-stars) for failed attacks, scout a base for another player, or to grab war loot. Please chat if you are not sure which option to take. Once the 12 hour period has expired (says status “expired” in Clash.tools) unattacked bases are considered “clean ups”.
- Your goal in attacking is always to gain 3 stars! However sometimes we ask that you attack in a particular way so that you can learn additional attacking styles. Dragons are great… but only can take you so far.
- Top players in war have some leniency in attacking later than 12 hours… but should not be necessary if the lower 3/4 attack in a timely manner.
War StrategyClick here for war tips, tricks
- Do NOT go into battle without a full clan castle and healthy heroes. Study your enemy and decide on a strategy before attacking or even asking for troops. NOTE: Archer rushes, Giant rushes or Barbarian rushes usually fail in War UNLESS your opponent is weak and you kill the clan castle troops first.
- Scout out a place where you can draw out the clan castle troops and kill them. Best is away from defenses and NOT near buildings that your troops will target instead of the castle troops. You may need to sacrifice a few troops to get the castle out. HINT: The castle troops only react when your attacking troops fall within the radius of the Clan Castle. GIANTS and BALLOONS will NOT target castle troops until there are no defenses left. Poison can be used to kill CC troops, but you must keep the enemy occupied with your own troops.
- When attacking never drop all your troops in the same place. One mortar shot or wizard blast may kill them all! That is, do tap, tap, tap, not tap and hold. Or try tap-hold-and-smear to drop troops to make, e.g. a nice semi circle around a tower or a whole village.
- War Castle Troop CounterATTACK strategies
- Castle archers will fixate on a target, while they head to it, drop barbarians right on the archers with a wizard/archers outside.
- Against barbarians or giants use a circle of archers with a few barbarians inside.
- Against wizards, a ring of archers is best. Attack similar to archers.
- For Valkryies DO NOT surround tightly. Valkryies kill everything around them. Counter valks with valks and wizards.
- When facing flying units: archers and wizards spread out/around will help – or sic your own dragon on them. Drop a slow moving troop right “on” a dragon to distract it.
- BEFORE preparation day ends, be sure to start building any defensive structures/wall upgrades. Even if not finished, a started Wizard tower, for example will be active during the war! And do not worry about defense upgrades. Unlike regular play, in war your defenses are always active.
- For more strength in your attacks, upgrade your camps.
- In WAR the goal is STARS, not loot. There won’t be a lot of loot. Best bet is to be SURE you can destroy the enemy Town Hall, often you’ll also get 50% for that second star as well.
- Scout out the corners. Often the enemy puts buildings in the corners so you will run out of time before destroying everything. You can do that, too! A good practice is to drop a single archer or barbarian on each corner before committing to the full scale battle (but AFTER killing the CC troops!)
- It’s a good idea to practice your war attack by making friendly challenges vs our other clan members.
- You can determine how many troops are in the enemy clan castle with the “info” button. It won’t tell you what troops, but you may discover the castle is empty or has only a few troops.
- Beware of playing the game where you have a weak or intermittent signal… you could lose due to a dropped connection!
- When deploying troops, tap as close to the structure as you can. Dropping troops at the edge of the screen gives towers plenty of time to kill them before they get close to the target. Give towers something to target (giants, barbarians, golems) to distract them when deploying fragile things like wizards or balloons.
- Usually you want to drop troops in THIS order:
golem(s) -> wizards -> heroes -> wall breakers -> valks
- Poison before heal. Drop your poison spell on the enemy before using a heal spell. Poison reduces the attack. If you try to drop heal first your troops could die before the heal gets going.
Additional ReadingBuild Your Clash Skills
We use quite a few abbreviations in our communication and here are a few tips.
- Always include both your troop TYPE and spell type in your request. Some common requests are:
“dump” – literally means any troop is fine. Usually used prior to or during war so others can get rid of troops they don’t need and get the bonus.
“defense” – any troops good for defense… E.g. Dragons, valkrys, wizards, witch. Not giants, goblins, healers.
“any” – like dump, but something useful, hopefully.
It’s also helpful to say “for war” so others can prioritize war troop donations over regular donations.
- What do these mean:
ad – Air Defense (tower)
at – Archer Tower
baby – Baby Dragon (sometimes bd)
bacon – hog rider
barb – Barbarian
bh – builder hut
bob – usually our player Bell Bell (BB) but autocorrect intervenes
dervish – valkry – specifically a mostly valkry war attack
it – Inferno Tower
loon – Balloon
wb – Wall breakers
wiz – Wizard
wt – Wizard Tower
xb – xbow.
zap-quake (zq) Two zap spells and and one earthquake spell to kill an AD.
- What does 3:00 mean?
We often express WHERE on a map using clock position. So 6′ or 6 means the bottom of the map. 3 or 3′ means the right side, 12 the top and so on. Once in a while we say “east” or “south” or “north” – these assume that north is UP on the map.
bob zq AD at 7′ 5 wbs at 5′ near bh
Means: Bell Bell: Zap-quake the air defense toward the lower left. Drop 5 wall breakers at the SSE corner of the map near the builder hut.
Elder: An earned (or lost) position – allows you to invite and accept people into the clan. Only invite or accept those who meet the requirements listed above. PLEASE DO NOT eject anyone. Let the Leaders or Co-Leaders do any ejecting.
Co-Leader: Can promote/demote or eject anyone (Elder or lower), start a war search, and send Clan Mail. This position is earned through trust. We automatically distrust anyone who ASKS for this role as persons with Co-Leader power can wreck the clan.
Leader: The creator of the clan – and or the leader’s designee(s). Only the leader can demote or eject co-leaders. Leader has all of the privileges of Co-leader.
Statistics And Trivia
Leader: Tooth Gnasher
Co-Leader: GoblinWhisperer, BnE (Sean), Bell Bell (Josh)
Current War & History
Assignments are on Clash.Tools See Clash.Tools for War History, too.