Our Best Tips in One Page
Using the Advanced Stacker PLUS
- ASP and Lightroom
- ASP And Bridge, also Stacking “Backwards” (and Bridge problem worth knowing)
- Advanced Star Trail Tricks
Star Trails and Stacking
- Treatise on Star Trails Overview on long exposure night photography.
- Stacker’s Checklist Camera settings to use for star trails
- StarCircleAcademy Stacking Action Combining those images for cool photos
- Star Trail Creation Step By Step Detailed walk through of a star trail creation.
- Problems with Night Exposures 1 & 2. The troubles you may face from focus to noise discussed.
- Star Trail Tools A survey of free and nearly free tools for creating star trails.
- Exposing for Stars Want to go beyond the normal night exposures, here are things to know to create a successful shot.
- Stitching Star Trails How to effectively increase the camera’s field of view.
- Planning Your Night Photography: Advance Planning, In the Field
- Why shoot North Several reasons why aiming north (in the Northern Hemisphere) is a good strategy.
- Power All Night Long Lots of exposures require a big battery.
- The “600” Rule for Avoiding Streaks (Stars with trails) It is a bad rule!
- Reducing Noise – Astrophotography Trick If noise is a problem (and it probably is) this approach may save an image.
- Advanced Star Trail Tricks Go beyond the ordinary lines in the sky type star trails.
- Brightening Stars (Bump Up) Dull stars and star trails can be amped up.
- Reducing Streaking After the Fact
- Fixing up That Foreground Some simple ways you can make a dark foreground pop.
- To Create a Better Star Trail…
- Selecting Files for Stacking Using the BRIDGE. The stacking action will process all files in a folder. You can use Adobe Bridge to feed it files instead and hand pick a subset of files.
The Milky Way
- Finding the Milky Way It’s not as easy (or as hard) as many think.
- Photographing the Milky Way The best camera settings and cameras to use!
- Color Correcting the Milky Way Or any sky shot. Light pollution brown goes bye-bye with this technique
- Avoiding Streaks using a “tracker” (the Polarie)
- Beginner and Intermediate Equipment for Astrophotography
- Equipment: Polarie, Astroview, AstroTrac, iOptron SkyTracker
- Top Ten Reasons to Do Night Photography
- Focus at Night (methods, mask) A perennial problem – getting focused.
- CamRanger – device for remote control photography
- How to Get a Meteor Capturing a meteor shower isn’t easy!
- Determining if you Caught a Meteor – you probably didn’t!
- Panoramas, Improving your Panoramas, Night Panoramas
- Avoiding Lens Flare
- Bending Reality – My personal boundaries for keeping photos real.
- Creating a Timelapse (part 1 and 2)
- Light Painting Tips
- Filters and Night Photography: GND, Light Pollution, UV